How to Download DuckDuckGO
DuckDuckG Inc. | Searcher App
DuckDuckGo is a hybrid type search engine, which has its own tracker bot (DuckDuckBot), which also classifies the results by combining it with some 400 external sources, including the Bing search engine or Wikipedia.
What is DuckDuckGo?
What are the main features of DuckDuckGo?
I’m going to explain five features that we like about Duck Duck Go:
- It helps us to diversify the use of platforms. Duck Duck Go is a quality search engine that allows us to diversify our service providers.
- Does not track us. Anonymity protects us. When you search Duck Duck go, you start from scratch because your searches are not linked to your profile.
- It does not save our data. Duck Duck Go does not store or share our personal information.
- Has a! Bangs. Duck Duck Go offers us some shortcuts to search directly in other portals. For example, if we want to search Wikipedia, we must put the exclamation point and the ‘w’ before the term of our search.
- Automatic responses. The autoresponder API is not a central function of the search engine, but there are some that we use a lot. This feature gives us automatic responses without having to enter any search link. For example, we can do math operations
How to download DuckDuckGo for PC?
Open the Google Chrome browser (or if you don’t have it yet, download it). Then open this page in Chrome and click the green button at the top of this tab to download the DuckDuckGo extension. A screen will open to accept the installation from the Chrome Store.
The simplest way to use this service is to download the Chrome extension here and DuckDuckGo will become your default browser. If you want to use it on your cell phone, you can download the mobile app.
How to install and use DuckDuckGo?
Open the Google Chrome browser. Then open this page in Chrome and click the green button at the top of this tab to download the DuckDuckGo extension. A screen will open to accept the installation from the Chrome Store. Click on Add to Chrome> Add extension and DuckDuckGo will already be inserted in Chrome.
How to install DuckDuckGo on Mac?
How to install DuckDuckGo on Safari.
In the pop-up window we go to the “Search” tab and there we set DuckDuckGo as the default search engine in Safari. This will set DuckDuckGo as the default browser in Safari from now on.
DuckDuckGo for desktop
DuckDuckGo has its own desktop web browser. DuckDuckGo offers a web browser for the desktop, because for Android there is already such an application based on Chromium. What the DuckDuckGo desktop web browser does is use the rendering engine offered by default by the operating system. This means that on macOS it will use Safari’s WebKit, while on Windows it will rely on Microsoft Edge’s Blink based on Chromium.eb for the desktop, because there is already such an application based on Chromium for Android.